Sunday, August 24, 2014

GA227: Favorite Game Trailer


Monster Hunter Frontier G




To be frank, I do not have a favorite trailer per se. I love games for what they are so just seeing a sneak peak/ announcement of it does not make me to crazy as it might to some people. I chose Monster Hunter Frontier G's trailer as my favorite simply because Monster Hunter is a great franchise and my best friend introduced it to me back in the day. I had my doubts whether or not I was going to like the game and money is quite scarce when you're 11 years old. To simply put it, a genuinely great game mixed together with nostalgia is something hard to pass upon. Especially when you find out that the game has grown from the old Ad Hoc party system to a full blown MMO (Massive Multiplayer Online).

A hunting game with epic looking monsters is something that will easily draw anyone into the game. Especially when you find out the sheer amount of customization and crafting that one can dive into. It is hard to fully explain all the great parts of the game so just go try it yourself. Trailer wise the most stand out part for me is that the trailer shows the epic monsters that the players will encounter (with its erratic cinematography) alongside with the village-life aspect of the game. The trailer basically cuts all the intense hunting that you'll see in combat with the more cheerful and lively aspect of the village that serves as the hub. That to me shows how the studio (or whoever made the trailer) understands that what they're selling is a "game". I guess that I am simply tired of the current trend of games being all serious. Nothing is wrong with that but sometimes I just want to play games to have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment