Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Conferences/ Shows!

After hearing my friend bring up the Game Developers Conference (GDC) for 2015 it reminded me that these conferences/ events existed. Being tied down with work all the time (recently) really does make you lose track of things. The two events that I would definitely like to attend the most during my time here in the States (whilst studying) would easily be GDC and the Massive Black Workshop. GDC for sure due to it arguably being the most relevant event for those who want to enter the game industry whilst the Massive Black Workshop is something more of a personal interest. As a sophmore it is not necessary for us to attend GDC just yet but it will definitely be a plus.

It would make most sense to enter through the volunteer program for (that is yet to be announced for 2015 sadly) GDC as it is quite pricey to go on our own expense and I have no clue what you would do going in with a student expo pass. Being a volunteer would put you into a group of people which is the more optimal option but then again the spots are limited (not to mention it is happening the week after spring break). The Massive Black Workshop on the other hand is a workshop that invites a fair amount of prominent artists in the industry. The reason why anyone would want to go there does not need any explanation!

I don't really know where I am going with this but I guess it just hit me that Tokyo Game Show (TGS) just passed this week. I'm just tired I guess...

No comments:

Post a Comment