Sunday, September 7, 2014

VFX: A New-ish Fascination



So a while ago I came across this video (Vimeo link) and it pretty much spiked my interests in VFX by at least tenfold. The video shown above is a demo reel done by Big Lazy Robot VFX (aka. BLR) for 2013. As someone who is constantly flooded with CG content all the time, I'd say that it is easy to take things for granted and forget how far technology has come in this day and age. The combination of my fascinations with robots and dynamic lighting effects make me want to learn more about the VFX world. I can not exactly put it into words but I'd just love to find out about the process of VFX one day to see the differences between the Video Game world and the Film VFX world. This includes the modelling process to the whole pipeline to see how things are (as there are many artists out there who constantly dabble into both fields). I do not have much to say about the video except that I really like how awesome the reel is!

Another big factor for me being fascinated by the VFX/ film industry is also because of the following video.


This video here is an homage to the cult classic Ghost In The Shell directed by Ash Thorp (Vimeo link with credits). The project really intrigues me to see the sheer amount of creativity and skill put into it by a very talented group of artists. I can not say for sure what each person will get out of watching this video but for me it is a big amount of respect and admiration for those who worked on the project. I will not go into much detail now but Ash Thorp will get his own little write up in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment